CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Bailey and Samantha's sweet prayers




These are pictures of last Christmas.

Last night at bedtime they both said the sweetest little prayers. Of course, their actual words and voices were much cuter than I can describe.

Bailey's prayer: "...please give me a boy baby, umm, a baby brother if it be your will. And if you give me a girl baby, I will be thankful..."

This is the first time he has been so humble to add the part about if it be God's will and how he would be thankful if it were a girl. He has prayed for a long time for strictly a brother. ;) He talks about this brother of his a lot. For example, we were shopping with my mom one day and he brought us a little boy onesie and asked if we could buy it for his little brother. I thought my mom might have thought I knew something she didn't! ;) Recently, he asked if his little brother was going to sleep on the bottom of his bunk bed. "Umm... if God gives you a baby brother he will."


Here is the background information of Samantha's prayer. We had gone to my mom's house to celebrate Christmas early with her. Earlier in the day we had gone to the BOK center and shown them the outdoor skating rink (they didn't get to skate because it was reserved for some people but that's okay because it was freezing cold!) Derrick ran into a coffee place downtown and the kids & I discussed the Courthouse & jail nearby. We talked about breaking God's laws and man's laws and how we need to keep them both and the consequences.

Samantha's prayer: "...Thank you for my baby...Please help my friends to know you and if they don't know you...help them not break man's laws and them not break God's laws..."

She must have been listening well when we had our conversation earlier in the day! Oh, they are so cute! I'm going to miss these little people when they grow up.

No comments: