CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

An addition to the "New House Rules"

#11. Make sure all doors are latched securely before turning the alarm on at night.

Derrick was away and at 5:00 a.m. in the morning I was not awakened by the alarm blaring in my house but by a phone call. I remember thinking that I didn't know the number and I was sleeping anyway so I wasn't going to answer it. Then I heard the blaring alarm. Not a comfortable thing to hear at all. I decided that I WOULD answer the phone. If he would have said any other door than the interior garage was open I would have had him call the police immediately. But, I knew that Job (the cat) could open that door if it wasn't shut tightly. Turns out that is what happened but scary nonetheless. The kids slept through the whole thing!

* Also, I noticed there are some new followers and I have tried to check out your blogs but have had trouble getting to them so I haven't been able to. Maybe if you leave a me a message I will be able to. ;) Thanks!

1 comment:

byoung said...

Oh my goodness, I bet that WAS a little shakiness in your night! Thank goodness that is all! Whew! Job needs to learn the rules too hee hee. If he's not in by bedtime, he's a porch cat.
Love you! Gmaa Bobber