CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Recipes

I have made these two recipes this week and Derrick and I really liked them. They will be ones that I will actually remake. So much of the time I just cook a recipe once and only a few become "the favorites" that are made a lot. I have also gotten tired of having salad every night to get a lot of healthy raw veggies in so have been on a big smoothie kick with a big bag of frozen strawberries, pecans, dates, a dash of maple syrup, frozen bananas, 2 cups of water, parsley (you can't taste it much with the berries), and spirulina. I just serve one of those with dinner instead of salad. They are really good and we all love them.

Chicken Parmesan
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
4 chicken breast halves
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 (9oz.) linguine
1 3/4 cup marinara
Beat egg lightly in dish. Mix parmesan, crumbs, & Italian seasoning. Dip chicken in egg, then cheese, turning to coat. Heat oil on med. high. Add chicken. Cook 6 min. on each side: top with mozzarella, cover. Heat to low until cheese melts. Put on linguine. Top with chicken & marinara.

Enchilada lasagna
This one is different and also hot (could leave off the jalepenos though). I had to make something else for the kids!
Enchilada lasagna
1 TBS oil
1/3 cup onion
10 oz. can enchilada sauce
tsp cumin
12.5 can of chicken ( I used a baked chicken breast and cut it up)
4 (8 in.) tortillas (I used whole wheat tortillas)
1 cup pepperjack
1 cup cheddar (I used all pepperjack)
1/3 cup jalepeno chiles
1 (7 oz.) chopped chiles
sour cream
In saucepan, melt oil over med. Add onion. Cook 3-5 min. Stirring. Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; add remaining sauce to onion. Stir in cumin & chicken. Reduce to med. low. Simmer 5 min. Grease 10 in. skillet with olive oil spray (or whatever). Heat over low. 1 tortilla in skillet top with pepperjack & 2nd tortilla. Spread chicken mixture over tortilla; top with 3rd tortilla. Sprinkle with cheddar; top with jalepenos & chiles. 4th tortilla over chiles. 1/4 reserved sauce on top. Cover skillet. Cook over low 18-20 min. I also put cilantro on top.

Also, I tried a recipe with orange-banana relish
You can put this over any white baked fish. You just chop up an orange, a couple of bananas, add a dash of kosher salt, chopped cilantro, and ground coriander and put it on top of baked fish. I thought it really gave the fish flavor.

No comments: