CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jim Cymbale writes, “God is attracted to weakness. He can’t resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him.”

I am quoting this from Stacie (afirefighterswife.blogspot.com). I do not get very far in my own strength and I know He wants us in a place where we are dependent fully on Him and not our talents, ability, or anything else. I get frustrated that I still have so much "me" in me if you know what I mean! It is when we come humbly before Him that He liberally pours out His grace. It is nothing but His grace that I am able to homeschool our precious blessings or hold my tongue for very long...All the things I struggle with & all my weaknesses should cause me to look to Him all the more. How often I forget or simply don't seek His guidance throughout the day. And then I wonder in awe at the chaos I have created. We need it every day, every hour, every second...

"Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-3

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2Corinthians 12:10

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Amen, Sister! Without God, I am nothing. If there is any good in me, it is from Him. For my righteousness is like filthy rags. The Blood of Jesus purifies me and makes me clean, fresh and white as snow! Praise God, for now there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus!