CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Breakfast Sausage Casserole (with sweet potatoes!)

My friend made an amazing breakfast casserole and lots of moms starting requesting the recipe! I used Italian sausage instead of Deer sausage. I'm sure breakfast sausage would be great. I went to the grocery store to grab the ingredients for this casserole and thought I'd share some time saving tips for it. I had no idea but there are actually frozen sweet potatoes that are already peeled and cut at Walmart! That made me happy. Grabbing some frozen seasoning blend ( chopped onions, peppers, and celery mix) would also be good to cook with the sausage. :) I always keep seasoning blend handy for tons of recipes. Here it is:




I apologize, I do not measure anything when I do breakfast casseroles, so I will do the best I can :)
I used about 1.5 lbs homemade deer sausage (it was pretty spicy/salty)
About 3 cups chopped spinach
garlic powder
onion powder
one large sweet potato, with coconut oil for baking, salt and pepper
12 eggs
I love to add chopped onion when cooking the sausage, I just didn't have any this time.
I peeled and chopped the sweet potato into bite sized pieces, tossed the pieces in about 2 tbs melted coconut oil and spread on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 400 for about 25 min.  While those were baking I cooked the sausage.  When the sausage was cooked thoroughly, I added the chopped spinach to the pan, just long enough to wilt.  Then transferred sausage and spinach to 9x13ish dish.  I dusted the top of sausage with onion powder and garlic powder.  Then added the sweet potato on top of that, then the 12 beaten eggs.  I covered with foil and left in fridge overnight, but you can mix and bake in the morning.  I baked it at 400 for about 30 min, until the eggs are set. :)

No comments: