CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Amber's nuggets

Recently I was inspired by one of John Piper's blogs about blogging. He said it was good to capture those "nuggets of truth" you catch in your day. I would like to "spice it up" a little and add little nuggets of truth that I am learning. Not that I am a scholar or anything!!! I do want to make this blog into a book for the kids to keep and I think it would be neat for them to read what I have learned along the way. If you want to know more about the book, I think the website is blurb.com. Plus, I think it would keep me more accountable with what I am learning from the Word and I love to write! So, here is one of my recent "nuggets" :

I was listening to a sermon by Pastor John Barnett (he was our pastor, whom we adore, and has gone :( to pastor a very blessed church in Michigan). He said, "But God is faithful...who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able but will with the temptation at the same instant also make a way of escape that you may be able to bear it...God is there all the time...He is never closer than when we are tempted. God is faithful. He doesn't remove all temptations from us. He stands right next to us to glorify Him. We need to saturate ourselves with the word, abhor consistently evil, & then look for God. At the instant of your next temptation, thank God that He is going to be so close to you right then. Why don't you tell him the next time you're tempted that you're going to whisper in your heart that you're lookin' for Him."

I did whisper that when I had my next temptation but I did not want to follow through and DO what I knew was right! This, I need to work on!

Saturate- saturate ourselves in the word- this is what I desire! To saturate myself. Too often I am caught up in the busyness of life! I know that our family is our ministry and I love to serve them but I would like to use my time wisely and not just read my Bible and check it off of my "to-do" list but to really meditate on the word, obey it, and for my heart to be filled with God's love. Then it would just pour out into my family. As I have said before, it is pointless to teach my kids to be something that I am not.

No comments: