CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Salsa


This salsa is really good! This night Derrick grilled burgers & corn & we put the salsa on the burgers and tortilla chips. I have a recipe for salsa that I have been wanting to make from G-ma Sue but things disappear from my recipe drawer only when I'm looking for them! I did end up finding the recipe for the Bell peppers, G-ma Sue! ;) My Omie (g-ma) gave me a church cookbook of hers and it had this recipe:
North Carolina Style Salsa
3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup sliced green onions (I used sweet onions)
2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro ( I used much
more because I love cilantro!)
2 TBS finely chopped jalapeno chilies (I used
much less!)
4 TBS lime juice (I used more)
1/4 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in glass or plastic bowl.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.

No comments: