CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Spider lily


This may very well be my new favorite flower! The picture does not do it justice! Earlier in the year my great grandma gave me a spider lily bulb and I planted it in my flower garden. I had long forgotten about it when I opened my front door the other morning and saw these very tall and unique flowers that sprang up over night! I yelled for the kids to come. Bailey said, "It looks like a spider!" Suddenly I remembered the spider lily bulb. I have never seen a flower like this before in my life! Dana and I thought this was kind of crazy but Derrick went over to their house and she wanted to show him a strange looking flower that they had found in their garden. She showed him and he told her we had the exact same one sitting at home on our table too! Dana has never seen one before either! My great grandma tells me they bloom again in the spring!

No comments: