CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Loving a Person

I have been listening to a Sara Groves c.d., "Add to the Beauty." There is a song called Loving a Person. I love both the song and the lyrics.

"Loving a person just the way they are, it's no small thing. It takes some time to see things through. Sometimes things change, sometimes we're waiting. We need grace either way. Hold on to me. I'll hold on to you. Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through. There's a lot of pain in reaching out and trying. It's a vulnerable place to be. Love and pride can't occupy the same spaces, baby. Only one makes you free. Hold on to me. I'll hold on to you. Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through. If we go looking for offense, we're going to find it. If we go looking for real love, we're going to find it. Hold on to me. I'll hold on to you. Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through. Loving a person just the way they are that's no small thing. It's the whole thing. Loving me just the way I am it's no small thing. It takes some time."

The part about looking for offense, I think, is so true. You can choose to be offended at many things or you can choose to overlook offense. My former pastor's wife always said we should not be easily offended. But, if you go looking for real love, you're going to find it. The whole c.d. is good and I also especially like a song from it called "Something Changed." It's from the movie, The Ultimate Gift, which I also love. If you haven't seen it, you should rent it!

No comments: