CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

More cute quotes from the kids

When cleaning I found a few scraps of paper that I keep writing things on about the kids. I write them down because they are so cute that I don't want to forget them. I want to add them to the blog since I'm going to attempt making a book out of the blog for the kids to keep.

Bay- In gymnastics, Miss Jennifer teaches them where their "gleuts" and "abs" are. One day Bailey was putting on a pair of his pants that were too tight. He said, "These pants are tight on my gleuts!" I think what made it so funny is how seriously he said it.

Samantha- She had gotten her blood drawn at the dr. G-pa Jerry asked if it hurt and she said (in her cute little raspy voice), "My mom just prayed for me."

Bailey- He was laying down petting the cat and said, "He (Job) likes me to touch his thingies...his strings." (his whiskers)

Sam- When Bailey was a Cubbie in Awana she couldn't wait until she was big enough to be a Cubbie. Finally, that day came and she was officially a Cubbie. She greeted me with an upside down (stick-on paper) name tag that said Samantha. She pulled her shirt out and showed it to me and said, "They said I can keep this!!" She was eating her Cubbie cookie (she gets two and is faithful to save one and bring it to her brother like he used to do for her). She opened her Cubbie book & almost bumped into someone while reading in the hallway as we walked to get Bailey. She loves being a Cubbie.

Sam- "I'm sick 'cause I cough-ed once."

When Samantha overflows with joy whether it be because I tell her we are going to do something special tomorrow or because I spend extra time talking with her in her bed or something she bursts out, "I LOVE you!" The way she says it sounds like she is about to burst.

Bella is so funny and cracks us up. She imitates so many things and we have so much fun when we make a sound and she makes it back. She pats me on the back sometimes because I do that to her. She is a finger-sucking, blanket-loving baby. She is so laid back and smiley most of the time.

Right now it is so nice talking with Bailey. He seeks out wisdom from the Bible and has great questions and answers with all seriousness.

Derrick and I have had so much fun with them this year putting Christmas lights on the house, letting them decorate the Christmas tree, and soon we will go and look at all the beautiful Christmas lights!

My cup runneth over. I was talking with a woman in line at the grocery store yesterday that has 4 older children (teenagers up to a 23 year old). She said one thing she wished. She said, "I wish I would have spent more time with them." She said she got to stay home with them and everything but she wished she would have put the phone down more and things like that. How they grow so quickly and we will not have these precious (yet, crazy at times) years back. I have been thinking about this lately and want to make more conscious efforts. I decided to go into Samantha's room and let her cook for me from her pretend kitchen and we dressed her babies. She loved it.

No comments: