CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Potato Lasagna Casserole

This is really good. My kids rarely eat seconds at the dinner table but they could not get enough of this! I don't know if it's because they thought the spinach was going to make them extra strong or if they were feeling starved that night. We will see when I make it again this week. Isabella had 2nds, Bailey had 5ths, and Samantha had 6ths! I am not kidding. By the way, this is another one from my church cookbook in case you have it. Here it is:

Potato Lasagna Casserole

2 TBS olive oil
Garlic powder to taste
Salt
Pepper
7 to 9 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick (I used red potatoes).
1/2 lb. to 1 lb. bulk sausage
1 large onion, chopped
2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup lowfat or fat free cottage cheese
2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar or Mozzarella (I used Cheddar/Jack)
1/4 cup chicken broth

Toss potatoes with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly in an ungreased 9X13 inch or larger pan. Top with foil and bake at 400 degrees until slightly tender, not mushy. Brown sausage and onion; drain.

Combine spinach, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, and sausage mixture. Remove potatoes from oven and pour sausage/spinach mixture over potatoes. Pour broth over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 to 35 min.