CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Really Yummy (and really big) Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are not your average chocolate chip cookies. We enjoyed them so much around my house that I made them twice in one week and I really don't want to admit we had them the week before when someone brought them to us. I just had to have the recipe! The second time when my husband saw them he said, "What are you doing?!" I said, "Oh, those aren't for you!" and smiled. Meaning, "You don't have to eat those!" He said, "I guess I'll just have to have self-control." Did he though? No.

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
tsp salt
1 cup butter softened, unsalted (I used Land of Lakes)
1 cup sugar
3/4 DARK brown sugar (that is supposed to make them crispier)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag of chocolate chips (around 12 oz.)

Beat butter & sugars. Add eggs one at a time. Mix vanilla. Add flour, soda, and salt. Add to other mixture. Don't beat too much. Add chocolate chips. Drop by 1/4 cup 4 inches apart (I use 2-3 cookie sheets because these spread so big). Bake on 375 for 15-18 min. Leave on pan for a little bit to cool.

1 comment:

Life and Times . . . said...

Brown sugar is the key to good chocolate chip cookies.