CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Derrick had a Yard Built for Me

When Derrick and I were looking for a new house we really liked the one we bought. But, we had to weight out some things because there were a couple of things that we would like to be different. Derrick saw beyond the problems. He saw the potential. I didn't imagine it possible to do what he had done. The major problem I had was that the backyard did not have a fence and... it backed up to the woods. It was rocky, hilly, and pretty grassless. I knew we could have a fence built but didn't know it had the potential to be what it is now. The house had the feel of "the one" but I was nervous with small children and a dog. I am so thankful for what sweet Derrick has done! I wish I had been intentional about taking before and after pictures but, like I said, I didn't realize what a dramatic makeover it would be. He first had a bunch of dirt hauled in and a wall of railroad ties was built. Then the dirt was leveled. They put sod down and Derrick very faithfully watered it. Then the fence was put up. We love being back there. Before I could hardly walk back there without tripping on rocks. Derrick's problem was that the living room is smaller than he would like. He's already kicked around some ideas in his head. Hmm...let's see what he may do there one day. That guy is always coming up with solutions when someone else thinks it is hopeless. And, just look at the transformation the Lord has used Derrick to accomplish in me! ;) I used to be the biggest mess. Not that I don't still struggle but I have come a long way with Derrick's help.

P.S. From the before pictures, you can see the kids didn't mind it a bit. They sure found a lot of bugs!



These pictures were taken before it was finished.

No comments: