CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 18, 2011

California Trip Day 1

These were taken on the plane. It took 6 hours and they did really good. I thought, "Oh, no!" when Bailey asked if we were about to be there 1 hour into the flight! Isabella was apparently excited about getting to use the bathroom on the plane! She told my grandma about it when we got home. I was surprised that they did not sleep that whole time. The baby only slept for about 40 minutes. We had a lot of snacks, some See's lollipops (one of which made a chocolate mustache on Bella and eventually got stuck in her hair), some little Wonder Color activity books, and stuffed animals. The Grand Canyon was so neat to see from the sky. I had hoped to read quite a bit on the plane but did not get to do much of that.

When we got to the airport an employee came up to me and asked if I left my camera on the plane. When I asked him how he knew it was me he said they had told him it was a lady with 4 children. Yet another perk to having a lot of little ones... People know who you are! ;)

To protect the offender I won't say the person's name (although I am sure you can guess who it was! Ha! Ha! ;) )but it was pretty funny when we were finally walking to get our luggage from getting the camera back. We heard " _______ _ _ _ _'_, Please remove your vehicle..." She had left her vehicle and looked for us since we hadn't made it to the luggage area yet. That was an $80 lesson!

We went to a Chinese place for dinner that night and then got the yummiest ice cream sundae from an ice cream shop.
You know the saying, "You snooze, you lose!" It really is true sometimes. Poor Bella. She fell asleep and missed out on ice cream and balloons. My mom had walked Bailey and Samantha to the street corner where a clown was making balloons. Bailey's was the neatest I have ever seen. It was a monkey climbing a tree. Then we went back to the extended stay hotel my mom had been staying in and slept there. My mom found Isabella's finger-sucking a bit difficult to sleep through. ;)

No comments: