CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A loooong 6 months!


So here we were; it was just us for the loooongest time! Derrick was on a 6 month deployment to Cuba. There were so many happenings! The first 3 months were really hard. An ice storm caused a lot of damage and we had to have our wall and kitchen floor ripped out and redone. I've written a little about that already. Oh, how much more I appreciate Derrick and all the things he does. I had no idea how hard he worked outside of work taking care of things for us. He didn't say anything about certain things he does and I had to take care of a lot of things so I got to see it.
We skyped with Derrick a lot. He came home at the end of July, the day after Bailey's birthday. We were so thankful to have him back and had such a great time with him as he had over a month off from work. That was SO much fun! Now Derrick is back at work and the kids and I back to our lessons. We are planning and preparing to go visit "The Cousins" in France in December and are really excited about that! The plan is to go on a double date with Ryan and Dana to the Eiffel Tower!!

No comments: