CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Fun Week

Derrick and I went out early for our 12th anniversary because he had to leave for a summer class in Louisville. We dropped the kids off at my mom's. We have an ignition problem with the Pilot and it was worse than ever that night. The car would not start. You just have to keep trying to start it until it seems to hit a sweet spot and it only happens at random. About 15 minutes later, the kids came out with their swimsuits and were about to head to dinner and a Splash Pad park. "You're still here?!" Derrick and I took turns trying and his arm was getting tired. At one point he said, "I'm tempted to take this thing straight to a dealership when I get it started." I said it was fine with me. We were going to dinner and a movie but we went car shopping instead. I ended up getting the Smoky Taupe Odyssey I had seen and liked! We didn't make it to dinner (Friday's)until 9:00. It was such a fun night and we couldn't wait to see the kid's excitement when we picked them up. They loved it! Derrick had the dealership fix some things and put new front tires on it so we had to give it back for a few (5) days after having it 1 night. On our actual anniversary (the 29th), we went to Ihop for breakfast with Derrick and said our goodbyes and then on to church. We had lunch at grandmas and hung out for awhile and then went home. I happened to see there was a firework show from a post on Facebook that night. We still had time to make it so I told the kids as soon as their rooms were clean we'd hop in the car and go. On the way, Sam said, "I wish we were driving the new car!" A little bit later I pulled into Braums for ice cream and said, "Sam, you should be happy that we're NOT in the new car now!" The kids know there are new rules for the Odyssey: No eating and drinking unless on a road trip. We parked at our doctor office and watched the fireworks. Cameron really liked them this year ;) We are looking forward to another fireworks show and spending the 4th with our dear friends, the Smoliaks.We are now officially on our summer break and plan to swim with Grandma Bobber and Papa Mitchell a lot and hang out with friends...Oh, and organize the house and do some school planning!  

No comments: