CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Peacemaking for Families: A Biblical Guide to Managing Conflict in Your Home by Ken Sande

I have only cracked open this book and started reading the preface of this book. I haven't even finished the 2nd paragraph and have already found something valuable!

"We can be peace-fakers, denying that we have problems, always giving in, or becoming distant from family members."
~Sadly, I'm pretty good at this one. :( Often I call it being "longsuffering" but then I find I've been letting things build of for a couple of weeks or so and explode with the things I've been "longsuffering" over. Hmm. In times like that, I find I've really been walking in my own strength than giving it to the Lord and truly forgiving.

"We can be peace-breakers, relying on manipulation, a sharp tongue, or overt anger to compel others to give in to our wishes."
~Yep! I have trouble with this one too! I am thankful that I have grown in this area over the years and pray I continue to.

"Our third option is to use the conflicts of family life to become peacemakers, drawing on God's grace and practicing the powerful peacemaking principles He has given to us in His Word. This approach may require a lot of work and change, but it is the surest way to preserve your marriage and see your family mature in love, in character, and in its witness for Christ."
~Now this. This is the one we want to see in our home. :)

The first chapter is called, "Marriage Means Conflict..."

No comments: