CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 21, 2016

Pursuing Love~November

Oh no! I almost missed November! It just got away from me. I don't know where November has gone. I didn't do so great on my October focus but it really ties in with what I want to focus on now so I'll continue there... Nonetheless, this is where I'm going to try to focus and pray about:

Pursuing passionate love

I was listening to a Sally Clarkson podcast when I was inspired to focus on this. Just today, Derrick randomly texted me this verse:

"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

After I read that, I continued my reading for the morning and it happened to fall on:

"Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God."  1 Peter 1:22

Those words: LOVE ONE ANOTHER EARNESTLY

So awesome that the Lord put that on both our hearts on the same day!

In my John MacArthur study Bible, John MacArthur writes, "It is the nature of true spiritual love, whether from God to man or Christian to Christian,  to cover sins...It means specifically that a Christian should overlook sins against him if possible, and always be ready to forgive insults and unkindnesses."

No comments: