CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Birth Stats Part 1

I have been watching a lot of birth vlogs and reading birth stories since I’ve been pregnant. I’ve noticed that many moms have some patterns in their births. Every birth differs but I’ve seen some that tend to have quicker labors consistently, go over their due dates consistently, and some other things that make predicting certain things about their labor to be accurate and go as they had kind of expected. Obviously, I’ve seen a lot of things that have gone unexpectedly as well. For me, one thing that has been consistent is the fact that I’ve had to have pitocin every.single.time. to progress labor. My body hasn’t seemed to like dilating on it’s own, at least not in a reasonable amount of time! Even when my water breaks as it has half the time. I want to shift a little from hearing about other’s experiences and start studying my own as labor draws ever so near. I remember the night I had gone into labor with Liv. We had walked around the neighborhood and were watching the cousins. We  ate some dinner outside on the picnic table  and took them bike riding and tree climbing. After the cousins left and everyone had gone to bed I heated up some fried potatoes and ketchup. It was midnight and I was reading over my past labors to see if I could find any pattern to my labors or labor sign that I could be close. I thought to myself how it was midnight and I’d be in trouble if I were to go into labor any time soon as I wasn’t rested. So I went to bed and one hour later I woke up in bed soaking wet! My water had broken! So here I was a week before my due date, not even packed for the hospital because the others had been late, aside from Sam on her due date (who does that?!), and running around like crazy up and down the stairs with a towel between my legs trying to pack. Derrick wanted to help but didn’t know what I needed. My earliest (so far) is 6 days and my latest is (so far) 6 days over.

No comments: