CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Elvis Sandwich

My mom had really been wanting to try that new sandwich place, Which Which so we did and I do think it was probably good had my order ( a Monte Cristo, Barb!) been right (Thank you, mom, it was good anyway!) Anyway, they had a sandwich called the Elvis sandwich that we didn't get but it sounded good. It was with peanut butter, honey, and bananas. I guess Elvis used to eat those grilled a lot. Well, I have a healthier version that can be used with honey or jam and it is good! The kids love it too! I use whole wheat bread, NATURAL peanut butter (no added sugar), the preserves the kids and I made (made with Stevia- a natural sweetener derived from the Stevia herb that is found at health food stores and quite expensive but lasts for a long time because you don't have to use very much at all), bananas, and smart balance butter and grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich. It is really good and I think I'll be eating it for the next week!
Okay, so, anyone can probably figure out I love food and to eat! :)

No comments: