CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

What is beauty?

Is it putting on lipstick, having our hair done, getting our nails done...or does it go much deeper than that? I was reading an article today and I stopped when I read, "Politeness is to a man what beauty is to a woman." Of course, this was not a new idea to me but it struck me again anyway. So, I asked Derrick if it were more important to him that I be polite or attractive. He immediately said polite. Not that we shouldn't make ourselves to be attractive but how much more profitable for us to have beauty on the inside than the outside? I guess that's why the Bible says, "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Since beauty is fleeting I think I'd do well to focus more on the inner. Our pastor spoke today of having integrity by being the same person at home as in public. It humbles me because I fail so often. Shouldn't we treat those closest to us the best? I aspire that...I aspire that. I know I can only do it by the grace of God.

No comments: