CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My two latest favorite dinner dishes

Lemon-dill chicken

This was passed from one person at my church to another and passed again to me. I see why it was! It is really good.

1/4 cup butter
2 + TBS. lemon juice (I used 2 lemons which was extra lemon juice)
1 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 pkg. sliced mushrooms (I used Baby Portabella)
1 TBS. dill weed
4-6 chicken breasts, uncooked

Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add chicken to mixture. Bring to a boil again. Simmer covered for 30 minutes, turning chicken after 1st 10-15 min. Serve with wild or brown rice. Reserve pan juices for gravy. I also thought it was good with sweet potatoes.

Here is another one! This is my grandma's recipe. If you like reuben sandwiches, like me, you should like this!

Reuben Chowder
1 T. butter, softened
3 slices rye bread
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can nacho cheese soup, undiluted
3 c. milk
1 (14 oz.) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
12 oz. deli corned beef, diced (I asked for a chunk from the deli)
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

Butter bread on both sides; cube. Put on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 min. In large saucepan, combine soups, milk, sauerkraut, and corned beef. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 min. or until heated through. Add cheese, stir until melted. Top with croutons.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yum! These sound delicious!