CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

At the creek

Derrick had drill this weekend and the kids and I went with my mom to Westville (almost to Arkansas) to pick up her cousin. We stopped by the creek and the kids loved it. We all did! It is so peaceful there. We didn't find any crawdads but we looked! The kids enjoyed throwing rocks in the water and then stripping off clothes and playing in the water. We would love to go camping there! My mom's grandpa owned the land and we used to camp there all the time when I was growing up. We would catch fish and my mom could even skin, filet, & fry them. I remember we would eat the little white powdered donuts from the sack and they always tasted so much better there at the creek. On the way home we ate at an Amish restaurant in Chouteau. It was so good! They had lots of good pie and good country cookin'! My favorite!

Earlier that morning Bay and Samantha had gone out in the backyard to play. Bailey has become our little bug man and catches all kinds of things and saves them. I heard him crying and Samantha came running to me to tell me he had been stung by a bee! He came inside and I pulled the little stinger out of his finger while Samantha was rushing to get him a band- aid. He said, "I tried to pick him up because I thought he was like all those other bugs, like beetles..." I have told him before that bees sting but he didn't seem to remember. I know he won't forget now! Recently he has collected a slug (it had babies), a cricket, a roly poly, lady bugs, butterflies, a dragonfly... Anything he can find he puts in a container or bug keeper. I have to keep on him about letting them go before they die!

I came back to edit this post because shortly after Bailey brought a baby centipede looking thing in the house! He didn't seem to be concerned, unlike me.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Yuck!! I cannot stand slugs. Even the kids don't like them. They crawl through our kitchen door at night and sneak onto my floor. He can collect all the slugs that he wants over here!