CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A really good children's book

Sidney & Norman: A Tale of Two Pigs - By: Phil Vischer - Christianbook.com

This is a book written by the creator of Veggie Tales.

I was at Mardel's and saw this book and remembered that my friend, Kelly, really liked it. So, I flipped it open and began reading. It is really good and I grabbed it for the kids (on sale too for $5.99!). It was actually a gift to be given from my g-ma so I had to wait a couple of days to read it to them but couldn't wait! When I did read it to them it just about brought tears to my eyes. I totally related to the pig, Sidney. As much as I really work at being more like a lot of aspects of Norman minus the judgementalness of him ;) (for those of you who have read it). What really touched me was when God told Sidney, "I love you...I love you...I love you." even though he was far from perfect. Anyway, I really recommend it and hope it would touch you too if you check it out, especially if you are a Norman or a Sidney!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad you like it too! I still can't read it without crying. Awesome conviction.