CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Banana Brownies

Pardon the random blogs I put on here. Sometimes I send stuff to my blog that I don't want to forget about or that I want to show someone else. I'm sure it's simple but I have not been able to send myself e-mails. I think I know how but for some reason my computer won't do it anyway. I must be missing something. So, I just send things to the blog because I know how to do that. The one I sent below is pretty good though if you want to check it out. I am fascinated with the Duggar family!

I made some really good brownies today! I got the recipe from a lady at church. If you lick the pot with the chocolate and coconut oil alone (which the kids and I did, it is very tasty. I'm actually going to experiment and see if I can make a healthier version of Buckeyes with it. My friend, Kelly (Teach and Tickle), submitted a recipe for those in our church cookbook and, let me tell you, we love those! They just happen to have a bunch of powdered sugar and butter in them and are good for special occasions but I made them twice in one week the other week! I'll let you know if they turn out or taste very good! ;)

Banana Brownies

2 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup of wheat flour for one of those cups.)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I used the Special Dark dark chocolate.)
1 cup butter, divided (I used 1/2 cup of Virgin Coconut Oil to melt the chocolate with instead.)
1 cup sugar (I used brown.)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 cups pureed very ripe bananas ( My bananas weren't overripe but they blended into a good puree.)

Mix well flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.

Place chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter (or coconut oil) in pot over low heat, continually stirring until smooth.

In medium bowl cream remaining 1/2 cup butter and the sugar until light; beat in eggs, milk, and bananas. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate, leaving mixture slightly marbelized. Turn into greased 13X9-inch baking pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until sides just begin to pull away from pan. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into bars.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

glad you like the Buckeyes too! I don't think I've ever made them twice in one week though!

TeeNealie said...

I am hoping to learn from the Duggars too. I like that chart, but will modify some of the definitions. One thing she said in her book is that they taught motions with the character qualities, so I am going to try that since the kids like anything that has motions. But I just got my DVD in the mail of 17 and counting (last season I guess?) and I hadn't seen any of them so I'm enjoying watching it. I am hoping her gentleness will rub off! I noticed when she corrects her kids she gets down on eye level and very very gently but firmly corrects them. I am going to work on that. As opposed to yelling at my poor children! :)