CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shopping for "Daddy's Day"

Monday we had a fun day shopping for what Bailey says is "Daddy's Day". He said he doesn't like to say Father's Day so he wants to call it Daddy's Day. Okay, that's fine. ;) First we took Derrick his lunch that he forgot to take up to his work. That's always fun to go up to the base and see him and the planes. We had Molly (our Rat Terrier) with us and took her to Petsmart, which is really fun too. My brother, Ryan, says it's the "Poor man's zoo". ;) We got Mol a new collar and name tag and, of course, checked out rats, mice, hamsters, birds, fish, frogs, crabs...Then we went to LaFortune and had a picnic of sandwiches with Goober grape jelly (They always ask for it at the store and I finally bought them some and they love it! I did too when I was little but I never could figure out why I thought it tasted so much better than a regular p.b. & j sandwich)) and fed the ducks. Two of the ducks had little babies. So cute! We ran into a couple of friends of mine that I used to work with (One was Tara, Dana!) Actually, we didn't really "run" into them! Molly sort of politely? "jumped" at one of their kids. I turned to tell the strangers I was sorry that my dog was trying to attack their little 3-year old girl. I said, "Sorry!" and then I said, "Heyyyy!" Then we went and dropped Mol off at my mom's so we could go shopping for Daddy's Day at (Are you kidding me? Derrick reads this and he's already trying to tell me he knows what it is which, by the way, he doesn't...I hope. And the kids can't keep the gifts a surprise! Such as, when we got him a nice pair of sunglasses that we thought would be helpful for him since he's flying a lot and getting his pilot's license. Okay, so Bailey didn't tell him exactly what they were. He just gave him a hint and said something like, "They go on your eyes." So, as I said, we are skipping that part. Then we went by Sam's and had samples while we shopped and that's always fun too. It was a fun and productive day but I was tired. Derrick had to get some flying hours in that night so after dinner just the kids, Molly, and I went for a walk and then came home and gave Molly a bath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always make your days so special and you are such a good mommy/wife! My son is very lucky, and your description of shopping for Daddy's Day is precious. We love you! Gma Bobber and Papa Mitch