CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Aunt Bette's Sour Cream Enchiladas

Well, you know how Big Daddy's Barbecue says, "Our smoke ain't no joke!"? Well, let's just say I'm not kiddin' around about these enchiladas! ~chuckle~ ~snort~ They are really good! My family had to eat them 3 nights in one week. I take it as a good sign that they didn't call me out on it! I was nervous the 3rd night although it wasn't in a row. The youngest ones never did get on board with it though ( the 2 & 5 yr old). They said it was too hot the first night! Welp, more leftovers for me! I'm trying to give it a week before making it again but, ohhh, it's hard!! Okay, are you ready for the recipe already?! ~Drum rollllll~~~~~~~~You will need- 1 onion, butter, 4oz. can green chiles (optional), 1lb. boneless, skinless chicken, 1 can chicken broth, flour or cornstarch, salt, 16 oz. pepper jack cheese, 8 oz. sour cream, and corn tortillas. ***Saute 1 cup onion in 2 TBS butter, add 4 oz. can green chiles (or you can leave it out if using pepper jack instead of monterey jack or if you live in France and can't obtain them or something.) Add 2 cups of cubed chicken and cook all. In another skillet make the following sauce: Add about half a cup of chicken broth, 1/4 cup flour (or gluten free like me and omit flour and use 2 TBS cornstarch- be sure not to make the mistake I've made with cornstarch making ut lumpy! Mix the cornstarch in with a little cold water, dissolving it before putting it into hot skillet. It thickened beautifully!), 3 TBS butter, 3/4 tsp salt, add 8 oz. pepper jack, and 8 oz. sour cream. Simmer and stir until bubbly. Put a cup of sauce in other skillet with meat mixture. Then roll up in corn tortillas. Top with rest of sauce and another 8 oz. of pepper jack. Makes more than one pan. Cook on 350 for 30 min. Put foil on top if you want. p.s. I think this recipe will forever remind me of Little House on the Prairie because we were watching it when I made it. Also, don't mind my ~snarf, snarf~ ~chuckle~ stuff! That was for Dana! It's our little joke. I like to embarrass her. ~smile~ Turn her face red... Note to Dana: I reread my post and tried to imagine you reading it. I was laughing because I could picture the look on your face, the furrow of your brows. I got a good laugh. Almost even a real snort. Maybe I'm delirious...Maybe I just need to go to bed...

1 comment:

Dana said...

*awkward laugh* *grimace*