CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Simple, yet Profound

Not too long ago I was driving and had been praying about what to say to one of my children struggling with anger. I felt discouraged. Not long after I turned a corner and saw something unlikely on a storage building display sign. It said, "Example is better than talk." I thought, yeah, it's not so much my words that will reach them...it's my example. I prayed something like, "I don't know if you meant that to be there at that time for me but thank you if you did." Then I relaxed and felt more peace about it and most likely prayed for help to BE an example. That is my prayer.

John 13:12-17- "So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, 'Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.'"

1 Timothy 3:12- "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

1 Timothy 3:15- "Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. Take heed yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you."

1 comment:

Dana said...

There is a great Seeds family worship song with that Matthew reference. Remind me to tell you which one.