CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mom knows best! Who knew Garth would be there?


When Bay was a baby my mom, sister-in-law, Dana, and I were going to go shopping at Target. Bay had been playing (outside I'm sure) and his feet were really dirty. His face had food on it. My mom said, "You better clean that baby up and wash his feet!" I said, "He can go out looking like this in public if he wants to!" I did wipe his face off. I don't know if I forgot to clean his feet or what. We got to Target and he was sitting in his car seat with his dirty feet. Oh, well, it' s not like we would run into anybody is it? I heard my mom say, "That man looks just like Garth Brooks!" Dana said, "I thought so too!" I said, "What? Where?" They pointed me in the way he went. I said, "Yeah, right! I'm going to go see!" I pushed my cart around an aisle looking for this "Garth look-alike." I turned the corner. I saw the man right in front of me. In fact we almost ran into each other. I stumbled, "Are you...Or do you just look like..." (I knew). He said, with a real country drall, "Hi! I'm Garth Brooks!" and reached his hand out to shake mine. "Hi." I remembered Bay's dirty feet. He directed his attention to the baby. "Who's this?" I knew it would be obvious so I withheld from grabbing both feet and just grabbed one. "This is Bailey!" I'm searching the gift cards in front of me thinking, "Should I grab one of those and have him sign it or should I leave it alone?" I had never run into anyone famous much other than the time I met Flea standing BEHIND (unbeknowingstly being in the wrong VIP line with mom, Derrick, & the kids-actually that was after this incident! Another story entirely!) me to get into an L.A. Lakers game and I couldn't even think of his name! Anyway, I had a little small talk with Garth about how my husband saw him and Trisha at Monterey's & all. He said, "Tell your husband I said, "Hey!" He was really friendly. Don't you know everytime you're just running to the store and you or the kids look awful (or maybe the kids are acting crazy?),you will run into somebody you know?! I went back to Dana and mom, "Of all days, I did not wash this baby's feet..." What did mom say,"I told you..."

No comments: