CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Calling All Prayer Warriors


"No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me." Charles Spurgeon

With that said, many of you know caring for 3 small children takes a lot spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Please pray that I would be disciplined in all those areas. Derrick is one of the greatest examples of a disciplined person so I am very blessed to have him. You see, to bring glory to God as a wife and mother it is so important that I get enough sleep, eat healthy foods, exercise, and most importantly not just read the Bible everyday but to truly seek God's guidance and obey the scriptures ("Be a doer of the word and not a hearer only"). If just one of these gets neglected the others fall. I guess the exercising is the most difficult one because I don't have the energy to start but I know once I start the energy will come. Then I will have more energy to do the other things. I used to be able to get by with eating whatever I wanted, little sleep, and little or no exercise! Now, my body cannot function so well because of how much I need to care for the little ones. Thank you and please let me know how I can be praying for you as well. Also, may I encourage you as well as myself to pray daily for our loved ones? Carolyn Mahaney writes, "And who better to pray for them than us? No one knows our family members the way we do. No one is more familiar with the unique temptations and pressures they face. No one can pray for them with keener insight or greater compassion."

No comments: