CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

"If You Want Me Too"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
These lyrics (a song by Ginny Owens) really hit home with me when I think of past trials, ones that are soon to come, trials in the distant future, and specifically worrying about if the children will choose to walk with the Lord. How He does draw us so much closer to Him by using trials in our lives. So much so that I wouldn't wish a one of them away. One of my Bible study leaders asked the question, "If He gave us everything we wanted would we still need Him?" But there is great beauty in coming to a place of deeper dependency and a greater trust in Him. As hard as it may be to accept at times, we need to welcome those trials knowing that we should "count it all joy when we fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of our faith will produce patience. Letting patience have it's perfect work, that we may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4 John MacArthur writes about this, "Every trial becomes a test of faith designed to strengthen... Through tests, a Christian will learn to withstand tenaciously the pressure of a trial until God removes it at His appointed time and even cherish the benefit. " I have found this to be so true. I have walked through some fire thus far and sometimes I say, "Oh, please, God just don't let me ever go through..." But, if He so chooses to "send me through the valley" it will be for my good. So, will I still clench my teeth? Yeah, probably so! But I pray when I come out of it I will be able to say that it helped me trust my precious Lord ever so more!

If You Want Me To
"The pathway is broken And The signs are unclear And I don't know the reason why You brought me here But just because You love me the way that You do I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to Chorus: Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet so if all of these trials bring me closer to you Then I will go through the fire If You want me to It may not be the way I would have chosen When you lead me through a world that's not my home But You never said it would be easy You only said I'd never go alone ya oh oh noSo When the whole world turns against me And I'm all by myself And I can't hear You answer my cries for help I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through And I will go through the darkness If You want me to When I cross over Jordan, I'm gonna sing, gonna shoutGonna look into your eyes and see you never let me downSo take me on the pathway that leads me home to youAnd I will walk through the valley if you want me to Yes, I will walk through the valley if you want me to"

No comments: