CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On Busyness!

I found this old post that I guess I never posted. Derrick has since gotten his degree! Yay! What a fitting time to post with school, Awana, & other activities just starting back up!

I had a friend over today and was talking about how I need to be spending more time with the Lord and how my life is so full taking care of kids, cleaning...busyness...homeschooling...with Derrick in full time school right now as well as work and homework that he has to get done. Well, right after she left I picked up a book Derrick has been reading and opened it up. It is called, The Practice of the Presence of God. It says, "Thus Brother Lawrence was able to turn even the most commonplace and menial task into a living hymn to the glory of God...No conceited scholar was Brother Lawrence; theological and doctrinal debates bored him, if he noticed them at all. His one desire was for communion with God. We find him worshiping more in his kitchen than in his cathedral; he could pray, with another, 'Lord of all pots and pans and things...Make me a saint by getting meals and washing plates! and he could say, 'The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer, and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling for different things, I possess God in as great tranquillity as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament." The book was about Brother Lawrence, who "lived so abundantly in the presence of God." Hmm...something I would like to drink in...

No comments: