CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 27, 2012

Gift #8 Meeting Precious Spirits

Meeting Precious Spirits
I love it when I first meet someone and they are so warm and friendly that I feel like instant friends. I met two of these precious spirits last Sunday. After Sunday school we have fellowship and food in the gym before the service starts. The kids come except for Livi who normally stays in the nursery. For some reason a worker brought Livi to Derrick. I don't know why because this never happens but I'm glad that it did. Derrick gave Livi to me so I started walking her around the gym while the other kids ate. I normally would have just sat down with them. Livi sparked a woman's attention and she came and started talking to us. I was planning on walking Livi so I didn't really plan on engaging in conversation and I guess I was just going to just say a friendly "hello" and be on my way. But, she pursued me with conversation. So, I introduced myself and asked how long she had been at our church and she explained she was staying with the pastor for the weekend and just came to visit. I talked to her a little bit more later in the hallway walking to the service. Livi had cut our conversation short when she started throwing a fit because I stopped walking. I also briefly messaged with her on facebook. But, what stood out about her was her joy. And her words are so encouraging and uplifting. She was refreshing, like water in a dry and parched land. She shared this verse with me: John 14:5 "...he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." She said she was learning it didn't matter if she had all her kids (she has 6) in order and her house clean but that apart from Christ nothing is being accomplished for eternity. She said, "May you find fulfillment in your home as you abide in Christ and watch Him work mightily in the hearts of your children.
.." I know she has got to be a blessing to all that she meets. What a beautiful fragrance of Christ she is. She WEARS the gospel. I wish I knew her. I wish I was like her.

Later at church that Sunday night an elderly woman approached me to ask what I was crocheting. She told me a story about her sister's quiltmaking and she was so precious.

No comments: