CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Laughter is Exercise! (?)

I am a busy mama. Busy y'all! Every day I'm busy mama'n and wife'n. I don't get a lot of time to devote to intentional exercise. That's why I'm always pleased to discover something else can "count" as at least physical activity, if I can't say exercise. I like to keep this in mind when I'm throwing a toddler in the air, swimming with the kids, pushing the stroller down to the park, doing the dishes, scrubbing a stain out of the carpet, pulling weeds, gardening, grocery shopping, and many other things. I read in, "She Who Laughs Last!" compiled by Ann Spangler this:
"Did you know that one laugh burns six calories? Laughing is jogging for your insides. It increases heart rate and circulation, stimulates the immune system, and improves the muscle tone of the abdomen. Dr. William Fry of Stanford University says laughing heartily a hundred times a day has the same beneficial effects as ten minutes on a rowing machine."
This is good news! The book also quoted Martin Luther, "If you are not allowed to laugh in heaven, I don't want to go there."

Proverbs 17:22: A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Our new game called, "Pie Face" gave us a lot of laughs! ;-)



No comments: