CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Something from Piper

I hope I don't mess this up and get it wrong and that I am remembering this all right. I was driving down the road one day listening to Pastor John Piper on the radio (I can remember this so clearly, I even know about where I was and what highway I was on). He was talking about how he had come home and his wife had told him that their young boys got in the road and almost got hit by a car. After it sunk in he got to thinking about it. I can't remember it all word for word but he said something I'll never forget. He said he got to thinking about what if they would have gotten hit and died. And then he thought about what would be worse. And he realized it would be worse if they grew up and rejected the Lord and died in their sins (Obviously they were not of an age where they truly understood their sin and their need to cry out for God's mercy). He said he prayed "Oh, God, if they are going to grow up to reject you, take them now. Take them now!" He understood the importance of them being here for a short time and spending an eternity in heaven or them being here a lifetime and spending an eternity in hell.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Morrison said...

I've thought this quite a bit about children and new believers...