CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Poor Samantha











I can't muster up the energy to write out all the details of this day but by looking at the pictures you can guess it was wild. I wanted to atleast put the pictures on because Dana wanted to see them. My mom played a huge role in Samantha's well-being and comfort today. I would have been lost without her.

It all started a little before 5:30 this morning. I had been getting ready to go to Kansas to Grandpa Glen's funeral. But as the morning unraveled it was clear I would not be able to make it. I'm sad about that. Grandpa Glen and Grandma Joy had been married for almost 5 years now. But I am so happy that he has gone on to glory (as he was a believer).

We already knew the night before that Bella had a mild fever and would be going to my mom's house. I began dressing Samantha who was reluctant to wake up that early in the morning. I noticed that she had terrible bug bites? No, there were way too many for that. A terrible rash on random places on her body. I had Derrick take a look at it and he was throwing out ideas of what it might be. Not much longer I heard what sounded like a seal barking from Isabella's crib. She sounded terrible. I looked at Derrick and we knew that they were in dire need of the doctor. I said, "You know, I really want to be there...but I just can't." He went on along with Bailey, his dad, sister, brother, & very soon to be brother's wife.

We went to my mom's (she is a nurse). I left to get her some cream from the store and we were waiting for the doctor's office to open. She took a turn for the worse and looked way worse than she did in these pictures. My mom said I needed to quickly get her some children's Benadryl and she feared that her airway would close up. She hadn't had any dots on her face when I left but suddenly the rash raged and it was now on her face and lips and other areas it had not previously been. Her demeanor had also gone down. She had been happy and her worst problem then was the itching. The Benadryl worked miraculously! It knocked her out so she slept for a long time.

We would check on her and it would fade until her skin was almost entirely smooth and milky. The dr was full and couldn't see her. She ended up slowly gaining the rash again after the Benadryl wore off. I ended up taking her to Urgent care.It was there that I took the opportunity to talk to her about how Jesus had healed the lepers. ;) They said she has a viral infection. Anyway, it was scary because we have never had this happen with any of them before. As for Isabella, well she's still barkin'.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

OH MY! I'm glad she's okay! Poor little thing.

Sarah said...

Oh, Amber! You must have been so frightened. I remember the first time I had an allergic reaction and ended up looking like Samantha. Grateful your Mom knew what to do. Thank God for nurses and children's Benadryl. Praying she recovers quickly. Love, Sarah

byoung said...

Wow, poor little thing(s)! How are they tonight? Sure hope better. Thank God for your Mom, and they are in our prayers. Love, Papa Mitchell and Gma Bobber