CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Want to add some sweetness to your marriage?

My friend, Kelly (teachandtickle.blogspot.com and, yes, I am mentioning her yet again ;)), has something really sweet on her blog. It is titled, "100 Things About Me" and it was 100 things written about her by her husband. I thought it was an incredibly sweet thing to do for someone and decided to do it for Derrick a year or so ago. He ended up writing one for me some time after that, as he was really touched by his. It made me feel so special. Not too long ago, I was organizing some things and found it again. I was moved as I read it again and framed a page of it. Now I read it quite a bit. I highly suggest spouses to do this for each other. You learn things that you didn't even realize the other person even thought or noticed of you. I periodically go back to Derrick's and add new numbers to present at a later time. I think it also helps us to remember how blessed we are to have each other. It is, after all, good to keep good accounts of each other rather than bad ones. Here are some excerpts from mine to give you an idea and to share some things about myself with you. Some of them are sweet, some funny...

1. Amber loves to cook.
5. You carry a little Bible in your purse with gum.
6. Your dream is to teach the kids His ways.
12. You are a Bueno head and love party burritos
13. You don't like change.
14. You handled the Bueno close better than I thought you would. (They tore ours down in our town but, thankfully, built a new and even nicer one in time.)
24. You read 12 books at a time so I never know what you're reading.
27. You like surprises.
28. You like to make special moments special.
29. You think I forget them but I don't.
34. You love to be outside with your family.
35. You love walks.
36. You like the door open when it rains so you can hear.
40. You have a God-centered worldview.
64. You think it is cold just about every night...sometimes it is cold.
75. You want people you know to know the Lord.
87. You speak with your hands.
90. You have an all or nothing personality.
92. You wanted to name our first child Rafe. (Guess you can figure out he didn't go for that seeing that our first child's name is Bailey!)

I left some of my favorite comments out but there you have it!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so sweet to mention me, yet again. I agree, re-reading those 100 things Joey wrote for me always makes me feel special too.

byoung said...

What a neat thing to do for each other!! I like it! :) THose are neat, know yours for him, were just as good. Love, your mamaerella Barb

Mom said...

Those are sweet. I think you could have gotten a couple of those from me. The all or nothing, the love of rain, and who would have guessed you would have grown up to love to cook! Rafe... really? Love, Mom