CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tale of Two Households

I found this on a blog I have been reading. This mom is a jewel. Her life is poured out for Him. If you get a chance, you should check out her blog at afirefighterswife.blogspot.com. If you do, you should also scroll down on the right and click on her "disclaimer" for her blog. It is precious.

Tale of Two Households
"I got two A's," the small boy said.
His voice was filled with glee.
His father very bluntly asked,
"Why didn't you get three?"
"Mom, I've got the dishes done,"
The girl called from the door.
Her mother very calmly said,
"Did you sweep the floor?"
"I mowed the grass," the tall boys said,
"and put the mower away."
His father asked him with a shrug,
"Did you clean off the clay?"
The children in the house next door
Seemed happy and content.
The same things happened over there,
But this is how it went.
"I got two A's," the small boys said.
His voice was filled with glee.
His father proudly said, "that's great;
I'm glad you belong to me."
"Mom, I got the dishes done,"
The girl called from the door.
Her mother smiled and softly said,
"Each day I love you more."
"I've mowed the grass," the tall boy said.
"And put the mower away."
His father answered with much joy,
"You've made my happy day!
Children deserve just simple praise
For the tasks they're asked to do.
If they're to lead a happy life,
So much depends on you!
Author Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me cry! Glad you posted it and will have to check out her blog.
I know YOUR household is the second one....love you sweet daughter in law! Bobber=gma

Wanda Lee said...

This brought tears to eyes as well; how poiguant and sadly true; in either direction.., The positve or the negative parental attitudes are so formative in a childs life and development over all!

Thanks for sharing this!..,

Your kind comments on my: The French Dressing Room blog are much appreciated. Do pop by to view "a work in progress", of my newest dressing room photos, if you'd like..,

I thank God for the many talentss that he has gifted us all with!

Blessings, from Silken Purse