CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A sweet day!

*A side note* I was reading a book last night that I know some of you have already read. I love it! It is called, The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. So, so good! I definitely recommend it!

Well, I hope you weren't listening to 102.3 to hear me blubbering about on the radio! Embarrassing! I didn't know what to say just on the spot like that! A friend of ours called this morning and said that the radio station was having people call in today with a daughter named, "Isabella." All I did was listen to the radio on the way to gymnastics. Then, later on the way to Chik-Fil-A. Then I drove to Sam's after lunch and a little shopping at the mall and when I got back in the car from Sam's the announcer was saying something like, "If you have a daughter named Isabella call in now. The first caller wins." So, I called in and would you believe I won! I was pretty shocked! I won 4 tickets to an RV/Recreation show. The conversation went something like this:

Announcer: Hi, there! Well, do you have a daughter named Isabella?
Me: I do! (Nervous laughing)
Announcer: Well, what can you tell us about her?
Me: Uhh, well, she's 15 months old. She's a sweetheart!"
Announcer: So, are you sleeping through the night now?
Me: Yeah, oh yeah!
Announcer: So, tell me, why did you decide to name her Isabella?
Me: (This is the part where I really should have had something interesting to say but couldn't think why in the world we named her that!) Umm, we just really liked the name Isabella. We thought about Isabelle but wanted to name her Isabella so we could call her Bella too! (I guess really there was more rhyme and reason to her middle name Selah, from the Bible but I just really thought Isabella was a beautiful name and Derrick liked it too).
Then he told me what I won & got my information.
Samantha smiled and we laughed (Bay was in Derrick's truck and I just had the girls) when we heard my voice on the radio and I was already calling to tell Dana and turned the radio up loud with her on the phone.

Before this Derrick met us at gymnastics because he had a day off and we ate lunch with my g-ma at Chik-Fil-A. I had gotten something in the mail to get something free at a store in the mall and they also gave me $10 off for a purchase so I got my favorite lotion for free! Then my g-ma gave me another coupon to come and get something else for free for $10 or up that they had given her for her purchase. What is it with today? I just keep getting blessed! It's been fun! Being on the radio was neat!
As I wrote this, Bailey came running saying he heard the ice cream man. We couldn't catch him on foot by the time we rounded up enough change so we had had to get in the car and chase him down. The kids should have been laying in bed but it was just so exciting we didn't want them to miss it! Samantha was so excited and said, "We catch-ed him!" She came back and repeated it again to Derrick. Now they are on the trampoline eating their ice cream until I round them up to rest their little bodies for Awana tonight. They have had such a good day too having their dad off work, Chik-fil-a, ice cream cones there, gumballs from the quarter machines (I usually don't have a lot of quarters!), and now ice cream from the ice cream man (which, by the way, is what Bailey wants to be when he grows up right now). Can we say too much sugar?! On top of that, Bailey read a book to me last night so Derrick took him to get a prize for that. He got him a long super rope twizzler thing and a beginner book (Bay picked out one about Chicken Little).
I got a picture of Samantha (still in her gymnastics outfit) and Bailey with their ice cream with my phone but will have to wait until I can get a wire to put it on the computer.

No comments: