CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

We braved the snow today!

Derrick says I don't blog anymore every time I go a week without blogging. Today it will only be 2 days since I've blogged. Ha! That ought to show him!

We had such a fun day today! We got the snow that the kids have been dying to have that I thought they surely weren't going to get this year! I think they might actually have prayed for this snow so if anybody has any qualms with it, talk to them! ;) This morning we drove in the pouring down snow to see the Symphonic Safari at the Performing Arts center. They played musical instruments to the stories of animals. There were a lot of children there so it was okay for Isabella to make a little noise and it not be very noticeable. My father-in-law was actually supposed to be the narrarator had he not had to go to Florida for his surgery. :( I wish he could have been here! We had gone with a couple of sets of our friends and their kids and afterward we went and ate at Mazzio's with them. After the show the kids got their faces painted. It was too cute. I got pictures with my phone. Bailey was a monkey and Samantha was a cat.

After Mazzio's we went to the cousin's house! The kids played outside, came back in and thawed out, went back out again... Aunt Dana made us hot chocolate and snow ice cream. It was yummy! I measured 8 inches of snow in their front yard. Then we came home and spent time together.

1 comment:

Bailey1Sis2 said...

Hi dear Amberella, sweetest daughter in law in the world! I'm guessing Derrick is an ardent fan of your blogging-writing and probably misses it when you don't write! I know I DO!! Your stories are precious! Love them and you all.
Mom-Barb-erella