CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 2















This day we checked out of the marine base and he took me to the beach there (the pics with us in them). It was a rainy day so it was kind of cold. Derrick had said it was hot and not to pack my jeans but I figured I could wear them at night so I packed them anyway. It's a good thing I did. I would have even liked a jacket! But I should have guessed this because he's always hot and I'm always cold! ;) We couldn't check into Bellow's Beach Cottages until 3:00 we shopped at the Marine Base and then he decided to take me to the Air Force Base. We ate lunch there. Then we shopped for Hawaiian (or atleast Hawaiian looking) shirts to wear to the all day Luau we were going to the next day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We also found some running shoes that were an amazing deal. We knew that the prices would be good and tax free but these were a really good deal. He got two pairs of running shoes that he normally has to pay $90-100 for $30 each. Now he has his running shoes for the year. I got a really cute pair of New Balance running shoes for $13! We were thrilled! We also got our shirts. Then we went and checked into Bellows and we were so happy to be right there on the beach! We drove and had dinner at a Taco place. I had the most amazing potato enchiladas and cheese enchiladas ( I have never heard of potato but they were awesome and the potatoes still had the skins on them!) Then we went and got ice cream from Coldstone where they chopped up a brownie, nuts, fudge...& put it in a waffle shell and Derrick had a coffee lovers one. Those were good. But, the next morning I had my doubts about it all. We rented another movie that I ended up falling asleep through like I had some of the one the night before (totally unlike me).

No comments: