CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Derrick's Birthday










Derrick chose Fuji's sushi for his birthday meal. I can't figure out why he would expose himself to food that definitely clears the sinuses up (he likes to use a lot of wasubi). He had me eat a bite of his California roll. He knew what it was going to do to me. I...did not. I, myself, prefer good ol' country cooking, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet tea, rolls, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole... But I still enjoyed my cooked stuff from the sushi place (my favorite part is the cut up oranges & cherry but the kids end up getting most of that ;) ). The kids came bearing gifts tonight. Samantha wore a white hat she had picked out for him earlier (she picked white because it's his favorite color. Bay carried his sparkling apple cider (that we like to drink & watch movies) & balloon to him. The little carrot cake is from his mama and Mitchell. They stopped by and brought that and a gift. The kids loved the pez dispensers she threw in his gift for them and Bella loved to rattle the tin can of mints (if you look close you can see them in the pictures). We watched a movie I got for him for a little bit. He had to get up early to catch a plane to go work for a couple of weeks in Hawaii (Isabella and I will join him for 5 days- 6 days here with the time change). The other night we went on a sweet date for coneys & a movie to celebrate. We thank God for Derrick's 29 years. For the next 4 months we get to be the same age.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Happy Birthday, Derrick!! We love sushi over here, but the California roll is a little too tame for us!