CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Brownies

I made some brownies and this is the first time I have ever seen a brownie recipe call for vanilla OR almond extract. Well, I love almond extract and put it in tea. I loved tasting the almond extract in these brownies. If you make these, don't make the mistake and eat too much of it like I did. Too much sugar and I didn't like the way I felt! I think next time I will try cutting the sugar some. I did use whole wheat flour and that made me feel slightly better about all the sugar!

Best Ever Brownies (from a cookbook my grandma gave me)

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 c. flour
1 c. nuts, chopped (I used pecans)
1 c. butter, melted (I used Smart Balance sticks and a little less than a cup)

Mix everything together and put in a greased 9X13-inch pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 min.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I will have to bake these brownies.

Dana said...

Man, I wish I had tried those the other night, they sound delicious! I will have to try to make them sometime soon. Did you make up Brownie Power just so you could have some comments? :)

Amber said...

Dana,
For the record, I only did that once just to see if comments could be made since nobody was leaving them! ;) Apparently Brownie Power is a blog about brownies if you click on it. They are good and you should try them. Just don't eat as many as I did! Derrick said they tasted like mint but that's because he didn't recognize almond extract.